PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Touring pilot looking for a nice place to live!
Old 27th Apr 2008, 04:19
BetaShure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a look at Kota Kinabalu, more popularly known as KK. It's the capital of Sabah, the smaller of the two Malaysian states on the island of Borneo. I heard there is also a " Malaysia - My 2nd Home " programme which allows for some extra benefits.

KK has a mountain you can climb, if you are so inclined, fabuluous diving spots, etc etc.. and it is also smack-bang in the middle of South-East Asia, so trips to Thailand, Indonesia, Phillipines..

The people are friendly, everyone speaks English, it's cheap (except for imported cars, but if you take up the programme I mentioned earlier, you can import up to 2 cars, I think, tax-free)... women are beautiful.. ..

No, I'm not from KK, or Malaysia for that matter.. but I like what I see there. It's growing very quickly as a tourist destination, so property prices will go up all the time. A good time to buy there now. A 3-bedroom apartment in the city-centre at the moment will cost approximately US$ 250k. However, a 1-bedroom apartment closer to the airport, which is only 15 minutes from the city-centre could cost you as low as US$40K!!

Have a look..