PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 04:15
leading_edge_device

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As usual, another misunderstood post.....

Titan.
Fistly I can only say you are roughly 6500nm from guessing where i come from.
I am no where near 55 nor do I want to be as that would mean I would have missed seeing the kids grow up and watch their young dad become an even more synical bastard than he is now!

My DOJ puts me just ahead of the middle of the pack and the reality of a command basing in OZ is rapidly deminishing owing to the fact that CX are only dribbling out the vacancies, unlike the freighter spots they seem to have just filled for Man744F.

If another STC tells me he needs to get back to a base before the company goes onshore so he can stay there until 65, i will puke!

Try this on for size... I have had the chance to grace myself with the presence of some very senior drivers lately that have confessed to asking PW for another temp base or perm base on the 744F in syd, on B Scale!
The comments were that they don't need A scale anymore, they have enough money, all they want now is to get home without having to scrounge for spare jumpseats on the numerous overloaded flights home.

Does it not bother you or anyone else that we are yet again being stabbed in the back by the same guys we thank for the sector.

A growing numer of these guys are getting hungrier for the chance to take a base just before the system locks them out so they can hopefully sit out their last years on that base.

When do you forsee the rest of us getting one then hey.