PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 03:58
leading_edge_device

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry options for extension beyond RA 55

A point of thought I have noticed not being mentioned much is the location of extendee's within our basing network.
Those of us nearing 55 are starting to realise they can take a base now, after all those years in HKG. I firmly believe they feel they have the right to remain on the base post 55 if the NRA debarcle is sorted out prior to their retirement.
Well that sucks!

How fair is it to expect that our most senior crew can now have their cake and eat it too.
Any change/adjustment to our COS is going to hurt some and help others, obviously it will hurt those who are not left seat and not based to name a few.....
The help for the others will come in the form as previously mentioned. In the form of another possible 10 years at the stick to top up any expected capital required for the quality of life post CX they had dreamed of once their pay was frozen and the pay cuts were made. ( i understand that the share offer was not enough for these folks, as nothing seems to be enough for them these days anyway).

If our careers are to be extended with this airline without 100% support then that just shows that we can not all be pleased (whats good for the goose, is not always good for the gander)

I would like to see that any pilot flying beyond 55 should be repat'ed back to HKG so that at least the rest of us can enjoy the concept of life out of HKG.

cheers L.E.D