PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sri Lankan A330/340 European Bases
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 03:52
EKULfreqflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Srilankan

Hello Guys,

I think its the begining of the end for UL.... I mean wht can the govt do??? They started up Mihin Lanka and look at its state now?? The govt. Blamed EK for taking all the rights and landing slots at LHR, ZRH etc...talk to anybody in Sri Lanka and they accuse EK, but put all those armchair CEO's to run the airline and I bet it wont last a month.. Like in this case.. and finally pulled up sum bs with Peter Hill For not allocating 35 seats for bunch of jokers. Good thing that EK pulled out and stated ignoring these jokers and their "National Airline".... their cadet pilot program is a joke... My buddy applied 5 times and he made a 90 or better on those exams and they still did not accept him. but those who had contacts who failed the exam got in.. Another Thamil friend of mine got rejected because he was Thamil... Question is How long will UL last like this with oil prices sky rocketing, cabins not upgraded for almost a decade, civil war in SL, A failing SL economy and ppl even having a hard time to buy food? think abt the Mihin Lanka senario... God save UL..