PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL/ATLAS/POLAR Connection?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 16:48
layinlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whale
I think you misunderstood the intent of my post. First, I still work for Polar, albeit in furlough status but that is not the point. OK, I am furloughed and I doubt very seriously if the job will ever come back. However, I am very comfortable with my MEC. When things got rough, he didn't resign "out of the blue", he hung in there. So things haven't turned out as well as some had hoped; so what. I have noting but praise for my council, not only for what they have done, but for what they are trying to do.
That was the intent. Now, what are you going to do? You have to, first find a replacement, get him or her up to speed, defend your grievances, fight for the merger you so desperately want, and fight with management at every turn. That is a mighty tough road to plow my friend. While you still have two probably capable council members, you have to admit, it is the Captain's position that drives the ship, and right now it sounds like you are rudderless, I hope not.
As for finances, I have no idea why national did what you say they did, but it makes no difference now, it is done. Resigning with no warning, to me, is not the way to go. I hope Bourne reconsiders.