PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Apr 2008, 13:06
B. Bonga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herein lies the problem ........

who have brand new 4 x4's on the drive (some have 2!) , quad bikes, boats, and trailers, hot air baloons and motocross bikes and as I peek inside I see the worlds biggest TV's on the wall as the taxi pulls up to take them down town for a night out.
Electronic toys spill out everywhere and the kids wear designer kit round the pool.
who have brand new 4 x4's on the drive (some have 2!) , quad bikes, boats, and trailers, hot air baloons and motocross bikes and as I peek inside I see the worlds biggest TV's on the wall as the taxi pulls up to take them down town for a night out.
Electronic toys spill out everywhere and the kids wear designer kit round the pool.
There is no airline or company in the world that l know that will pay you enough to have such luxuries and l think EK ain't an exception ! I think people are under the impression that you must live like a rockstar once you get to Dubai. The temptation to borrow is very high because the banks in the Middle Easy have a wad a cash to throw at you when you join. Some give you credit cards for almost every member of your family if you want. The crunch comes when it's time to settle at the end of each month. Don't blame inflation or Dubai..............live within your salary and avoid borrowing as much as possible, invest, buy a smaller car, there is no hard and fast rule that you must buy a 4 x 4 when you move to Dubai.

If your salary cannot meet your BASIC needs, then l think a change of profession beckons.............