PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money at NATS college, Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 09:55
watch_the_birdie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Money at NATS college, Bournemouth

Ok, boring and petty I know, but at the end of the day, life revolves around money, whether you like it or not!

This is not a whinge at "we should get more money!" as basically we will be trainees, and we all know trainees in life get paid like poo. All I am doing is trying to do some money calculations here before I start in July, and any current reasonably up to date advice would be appreciated.

So far I've heard that you get £10100 "salary" and £60 per week accommodation allowance (yes I know that doesn't fully cover the price of usual accommodation) The questions I have are:

1) Is the £60 a week taxed also, or is it actually a physical £60-in-your-pocket type of jobby?

2) What is the current "amount in your bank" (simple terms here please, I stretch as far as knowing about gross and net pay and some tax deductions) you get paid every month at college (I assume you can say this as it's quite well publicised...although I've lost the link on the NATS site to a pdf file showing the breakdown of pay?)

3) Does anyone find they are particularly stretched for cash if they don't have MASSIVE savings or anyone else giving them a wee cash top up? When I mean particularly stretched, I mean are you looking at selling your organs, or something equally as dire, or you are living on tesco value bread and water.

I'm not expecting to live a life of luxury here. As long as I get basic food to feed my hard working brain, water, a roof over my head and a wee bit of internet, I'm cool.

Laters.