PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Apr 2008, 09:41
jet999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The costs of living here in Dubai

Look I know its a rumour site and people should not quote facts, but some people are actually looking for information on this web site.
As I hear how hard up people are, I stumble to the off licence at Silicon amongst 500 families who have brand new 4 x4's on the drive (some have 2!) , quad bikes, boats, and trailers, hot air baloons and motocross bikes and as I peek inside I see the worlds biggest TV's on the wall as the taxi pulls up to take them down town for a night out.
Electronic toys spill out everywhere and the kids wear designer kit round the pool.
Two guys today have just made 1.5 million on an investment off -plan (in 18 months) and are about to do the same. One of them is changing seat on the 777 after 18 months here.
It gets hot, it is sandy sometimes and we do night flights. But as far as pay goes (and the hot rumour is 11 weeks tax free pay) it is difficult to see a hard up family group living in the totally free, serviced utility free houses here!