PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 07:24
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things are slowing down quite considerably as can only be expected after such a prolonged period of massive borrowing - the economy now has to recover. How this affects Cadets in the medium term will be very interesting indeed. My understanding is that CP41 are in the most part going through type-ratings at the moment and CP42 all have places. Those going to EZ will have a wait as they are pushing their courses back a bit - it's looking like approximately a 6 month delay for type-rating but the beauty of CTC is that the cadets are there and ready whenever pilots are needed so that may change. BA too are taking a fairly steady stream.

The Pacific gig looks like it may be on the cards for cadets shortly, although moving out to Vietnam is not to everyone's taste. The bottom line is that things are still moving...just slowly. Hopefully the backlog won't get too large as that will start to create havoc for the newer CPs. CTC know this and will do what they can, but do understand that there is no guarantee of a job. My advice to those who are shortly to start the course is just get your head down and try to just look at the smaller picture initially - get the best results you can so your CV is as good as it can be.