PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 07:09
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AW conference

I claim no credit whatsoever and am delighted at the prospects of what might be if the owners/operators get together beforehand and sort out thier gripes into categories. The odd software glitch that is found in one machine and not another is for each owner to resolve. The systemic failures in manufacture and/or design are the meat of the argument and you will have a better chance of making rapid progress if these are notified to AW BEFORE the conference and they are given the opportunity to respond positively rather than gape opened mouthed at your sizeable shopping list.

I am sure there are some very serious issues that once resolved will benefit the majority. Dont' allow these issues to be buried under a plethora of niggles.

If you want the searchlight moved then make your point and it may even be in the 'B' model but if you want a 'no-objection' certificate for your own modification then I sure AW engineers will engage with you and help find ways to minimise the cost....... but it will cost. Maybe the (non-aviator??) who ordered your offshore machine with the current searchlight spec. needs to learn a lesson or to about involving the sharp-end when agreeing the spec with the OEM.

Meanwhile the sim searchlight works beautifully because of course the nose wheel is only imaginary. Is this a serious shortcoming with the sim visuals???

.......no.....we're not going to change the visuals but imagine if the sim was that clever and did reveal such anomolies.

I look forward to hearing news in May.

G