PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL/ATLAS/POLAR Connection?
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2008, 01:33
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm.... well lets examine my "loss." I am a Captain at a growing airline with expanding flying, airplanes on order, a huge route structure, and based where I want to be based.

And the Polar guys - down to 5 airplanes by fall. Everyone based in ANC by September. Very small and shrinking route structure and limited or no opportunities to upgrade with possible furloughs in June.

You're right I lost....

But lets think about this for a min. If we had NOT had the Robbobin show, we all would have been merged and BOTH groups as ONE would have been negotiating for a contract well over a year ago - in an expanding or growing economy. Instead we are BOTH losers because of the robobbin pride effect. We are both going to be (together anyways I might add) negotiating for our pay raises and new contract in the current economy.

So tell me again who lost and who won? Seems to me that boobroobin created a situation where there are NO winners - except the company who must be dancing an Irish jig when they think about it. The ONLY loss is to ALL crewmembers both Polar and Atlas.

Thanks Bobb
Thanks Robin
Thanks Mark

from those you have royally screwed.

Last edited by WhaleFR8; 26th Apr 2008 at 01:49.