PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lean RAF 'Pretty Stretched"
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 21:34
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Ned, just an opinion:

Glenn is a top bloke and anybody who has known him over the years will agree.

Please name the man you want or need because I am quite intrigued who that could be. I know a few at the top and I would much prefer Glenn (Even if I was still in).

Sir Richard Dannett is also a top bloke and he has made some great remarks, but what has he actually done to change things – not a lot. One wonders if the politicians just see him as another Lord Melchard.

I was pleased to hear Glenn mention that the Royal Air Force has been on continuous ops in the gulf for 17 years; something that some of the younger members of the RAF (since 2003 at least) might want to realise and understand.

Beagle, you surprise me at your comments about Glenn. Maybe you have never met him. Rest assured he is a great bloke who is totally committed to the RAF and the people who serve with him. He has an attitude you would have been proud of.

At the end of the day Sir Glenn has to be diplomatic and he has to be careful in what he says. If he wasn’t, the top MOD chaps and politicians would just bin him and you would end up with someone who has spent their careers with their head up somebody else’s behind – just like the majority of the middle to senior Officers in today’s Air Force.

The sad thing is that when Glenn retires, one of them will be in charge – then you really will have something to moan about.