PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL/ATLAS/POLAR Connection?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 21:22
WhaleFR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Layinlow - You don't even work for Polar anymore so to debate you is pointless. Your entire post is incorrect - the entire thing. Time to go back to your desk at FedEx - I wonder, are you using company computers to post here? One small point once again - the "iron clad" scope clause hinges on one phrase. That phrase is "complete operational merger." It doesn't look so iron clad to me in light of the structure of the company.

Captvac - well they finally let you back on here. But once again you couldn't be more wrong. I suppose you are crowing about your (lack of) section 8 findings. That's ok. I guess using 800,000 dollars of ALPA money to file a resolution to take flying away from your ALPA brothers, brothers who contributed to that 800k - to actually harm their pilot group is your idea of solidarity. It ain't mine.

Dave resigned because ALPA owes us almost 300K for money our council spent to support the Polar strike. And no matter how many forensic accountings we do (four at last count) they agree that they owe it to us but refuse to pay it.

He resigned because he is getting NO support from ALPA national. They have even cut off all funding to our council. Hard to attend to grievances with no money.

He resigned because ALPA national is allowing Polar to use an outside attorney to drive this whole buggy and when Atlas files a grievance it gets ignored. Or when Dave attempts to talk to Prater he will not even return an MEC chairmans phone calls or e-mails or even registered letters.

He resigned because his constituents gave him a mandate to explore another union (by majority vote) and he didn't like the conflict of interest that this engendered.

He resigned in recognition that he might be part of the issue - the issue of a lack of contract driven by Bobb and Robin that has cost all of us millions of dollars in bargaining power. I wonder if Bobb would have the stones to do that. I doubt it.

He resigned because ALPA national is going down fast - they don't want cargo pilots in their group. Not Polar, not Atlas. They want to be a legacy passenger airline union. Fine with us - we will go away. But wait they say - we NEED your dues money so we can pay Polar's attorney - hmmmmmmm........

I call on Bobb to have the same sort of integrity that Dave has shown.

What about Bobb?

Last edited by WhaleFR8; 25th Apr 2008 at 21:46.