PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL/ATLAS/POLAR Connection?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 21:20
layinlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll tell you this, I am not an ALPA fan. I was at TWA before American and they haven't changed a bit. Trying to play both sides. But to suggest they are favoring one over the other is just plain nuts. Let's see, Polar has an iron-clad scope clause, Atlas does not. Atlas files section 8 charges against the Polar MEC then resigns. Polar goes on strike and get little support from ALPA or Atlas (and don't give me the old line, let me see the names of those who walked the line with us or who refused to cross the line, so far I see a handful). Now the Atlas MEC up and resigns leaving the union, in the middle of several grievances, leaving the section 8 charges in the wind, and Cato happy. Yep you guys have one great council there. Polar, on the other hand has a working MEC, several grievances that support our CBA, nothing more, nothing less, and 100% support from those furloughed and working. Sorry guys, I think Polar has the better deal, no matter what the outcome.
I cannot believe that this will not believe that this will turn into another delaying tactic.