PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A very serious question regarding future employment
Old 25th Apr 2008, 17:35
The Lead Sparrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No amount of bull**** will land the dam thing

This is just a bit of encouragement for you.

I used to work as cabin crew on 747. In the company there was a Captain, I wont give his name but he was a very remarkable pilot. A training Captain, previously employed by the CAA. He had flown all kinds of aircraft all over the world. When I first saw him, lets call him Richard, he was walking through an airport, he clearly found walking difficult, every step was a large effort. I later found out he had broken his back in an accident prior to a career in aviation. The doctors had told him he would never walk again. Good job he was a stubborn sort, he would have missed out on a great career and a great life.

The one advantage Richard had was he could really fly planes, every other pilot respected his ability.

The great thing about aviation is it doesn´t matter how much money you have, who your father is, what school you went too, no amount of bull**** will land the dam thing.

Go for it, if you can fly, you can fly, when you go for a sim test with an airline and your up against a bull****ter with two legs, if you can land it they will choose you.