PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TC cock-up.... help requested.
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 15:35
er340790

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC cock-up.... help requested.

Decided to obtain the CAA PPL on basis of FAA PPL a couple of weeks ago. Told by TC at CYQT that I would need:-

1. To sit PSTAR on-line exam - 50 questions / 90% pass mark.
2. Have CAA Medical (already have).
3. FAA Licence.

Pretty straight forward, so PSTAR test was booked for 1PM today. Spent the last few evenings using various on-line PSTAR Q&As until I was regularly getting 50/50 correct. All set then.

Little after 10AM today get a call from TC...... turns out that they now have a new and 'simpler' procedure - clearly so simple that none of their offices and personnel know anything about it. (Beware of any bureaucrat using the word 'simpler'.)

Apparently it is no longer required to sit PSTAR, but another TC on-line exam called FAAPA on Air Law and Procedures. 20 questions and 60% pass mark (60%????? Why bother?).

My question (which TC cannot answer) is this. Do the FAAPA Air Law and Procedures on-line exam questions come from the same question database as PSTAR, so that I can go ahead and sit it? Or, is it from another database based on everything in the CARs/AIP pertaining to Air Law and Procedures in which case another few evenings preparation would be advised. If the latter, does anyone know of a good self-testing website for the FAAPA? Seems to be so new that none yet exist.

Thanks TC. From where I'm sitting now, the 'simpler' way would be to continue to drive 30km to do my flying in the States.

Many thanks.