PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many fail the PPL test?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 12:59
Robbo0885

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mock test is Friday 2nd May, all going well. I have a solo flight booked tomorrow to practice a few things I havent doen for a while (steep turns and stalls in the turn spring to mind!)

Thanks for the tip about the GVS, I've done a fair bit of Navin' around that area, Dundee>Edzell>Blairgowrie for example. Always find the legs from Edzell heading south west tricky-not much to pin point your position with-I'm always on the look out for the GVS-its an easier one for getting the pos fix right.

I actually think i will be more nervous about doing th emock test than the real one. My instructor can be very "direct" with points to improve on, i sometimes get into that stressed out zone where his "direct" criticisms lead to more stress, leading to more mistakes, leading to "even more direct" criticism! Lol. I'm sure everyone has flown with guys like that!

I was talking to someone recently who just re-vald their PPL, and they said they were asked to perform an emergency stop on the runway. Anyone done this? I assume its a case of throttle back, brake as hard but as safely as you can. Just never done it, and wondered if its an unusal thing to be asked to do?