PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew a Good Career Choice?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 11:57
kip_smyth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all I want to say thanks for all the useful info people have been putting on this thread, it's really helping me to come to a decision about my career path!

I was having doubts about applying to be Cabin Crew because of my age, I know 24 isn't old but I was into thinking that it would all be younger, fresher people applying for jobs.
I wanted to be part of a cabin crew when I was a bit younger but dismissed it as just a fantasy as I went to quite a prestigous girls school and there was a lot of pressure on us to go to University. So i went to University, had a blast, got my degree and ended up working a number of menial jobs, in sales, admin and more recently web development. Since I graduated 2 years as well as working odd office jobs I also did 2 ski seasons which gave me an amazing opportunity to work in face to face customer service with guests and its got me thinking again about applying to do cabin crew.

At first I thought my family would be against it but I was surprised at how keen they are for me to do it. I have an inkling theyre after cheap flights but they also could see how I wasn't enjoying IT.

Im really looking forward to start applying, i know there'll be a few knock backs but iv been rejected from plenty of job interviews so know how to pick myself up again!

I'm jsut wondering if anyone has done a cabin crew diploma course and if it's worthwhile doing? I've seen a number advertised at various prices so if anyone has done one they could recommend I'd appreciate you letting me know!!

sorry for the super long thread, good luck to everyone applying for jobs!