PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 10:07
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz,

Steady chap, anyone would think you were trying to put words into my mouth

I have stated from the outset that I, like everyone else have absolutely no idea what actually happened that day. I have absolutely no knowledge of what the weather conditions were as seen from the flight deck windows and I have absolutely no knowledge of whether the aircraft was in controlled flight, as does NOBODY else.

It's my opinion that the weather was a major contributory factor and it's my opinion that entry into IMC is probably what caused them to not see the Mull as the notion that they were VMC and 2 experienced pilots and an ALM did not see the obstacle ahead is too ludicrous to even contemplate.

My question to JP and I guess to yourself as well is simply that based on your wealth of flying experience and as previously stated experiences with unplanned entry into IMC do you think that the verdict in this case is correct?

I have further stated that having encoutered this before on both rotary and fixed wing I, and the rest of the crew never once felt we were grossly negligent but had simply fu@ked up by pressing on to hard which I suspect, and I stress I SUSPECT is what was the root cause of JP's experiences.

Cheers

SFFP

Edited to state this post was being typed as Tandemrotor was posting.