PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Management (Split From T5 Thread)
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 10:05
13Alpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know a number of Gold/Silver cards for which this is the last straw and who will never set foot on a BA aircraft again - more gains for KLM/AF and National Express East Coast.
Agree.

In a way it would be a blessed relief if BA abandoned its domestic operations entirely and stopped pretending it was interested in regional pax.

The service it provides on the ground at regional airports is no better than its competitors now that they share the same ground handling companies, they continue to lose people's bags (even putting the T5 problems to one side), and their flights are routinely late or cancelled when some other part of the BA operation has a problem.

I was at a travel fair earlier in the week including many major airlines. There were a lot of very grumpy customers surrounding the BA stand, to the extent that I felt quite sorry for the staff who had to stand there all day and defend the company. They looked absolutely shattered. Meanwhile the people on the AF/KLM stand, and the Star Alliance one, looked positively buoyant.

The lady on the BA stand I spoke to was very sympathetic about how BA is treating its regional pax, but I'm afraid sympathy doesn't cut it any more.

I'm a silver card holder but I'm afraid some free drinks and a comfortable seat in a lounge doesn't compensate for routinely late or cancelled flights and lost luggage.

13Alpha

Last edited by 13Alpha; 25th Apr 2008 at 10:06. Reason: spelling