PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Making things better for the passenger - What we pay
Old 25th Apr 2008, 10:03
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
You may have a point in high principal but not in 21st century economics!
If anyone is at fault then it is the airlines themselves competing with each other to offer the lowest fares.
Dash those airlines for making themselves so competitive in the way that all human enterprise has competed with itself. Why can't they break the homo sapiens stereotype and charge a proper price and go out of business?

Of course passengers go for the lowest fares on offer - just as we look for the cheapest petrol or food on supermarket shelves. But buying the cheapest petrol does not mean that it should damage the engine of my car just as the cheapest foods shouldn't damage my health!
If you think the seat/other aspect of the flight will damage your health - then you don't buy it.

Humans have long since decided that, Money (in whatever form) is of great importance and that each individual company or person must get - and retain - as much money as they can.

Sorry Xeque, a well intentioned post, I am sure, and railing against the world can be fun. Next.