PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 152/150 CHECKLIST
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2008, 07:37
aileron_69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerocat, thats the one we usd to use!! Worked well.

Old Fella, with regard to your comment

Aileron_69, hopefully pilots will check whether or not it is safe to enter the runway, by checking finals and the runway, before they give their call. Just seems like good airmanship to me rather than a "Checklist" item.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Sadly I can recount for you 3 occasions in the last 12 months where ive had an eager beaver pilot taxi out in front of me while i was short finals and i've seen 2 other occasions of it happening to workmates. One such instance was a one-way strip and he just started, gunned her up and took off straight at me despite all my radio calls around the circuit and my aircraft being lit up like a Christmas tree!! These were commercial pilots too, with paying passengers on board!!

I dont know whats going on in the pilot training world these days, whether its instructors with little more than a bare commercial and a Grade 3 passing on their lack of experience, or just the 'pressure cooker' flight school courses but at the end of the day there is simply no substitute for opening your eyes and looking around!!