PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Apr 2008, 06:30
Flyer34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Details??

My wife has a good job too. We now have money coming in & not just out.
We saved not one penny for the first three years here (as an FO) , we just spent out but things then got much better (as a Capt).
Bobsback, are you really saying that, with both you and your wife working tax free, you weren't able to save ONE PENNY in three years?? I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you on that one for the simple fact that for three years you were saving / investing 17% of your basic salary into the EK provident fund.

As an FO I'd hate to be here. Savings would be a must unless you have good savings/investments ( because you'd need to use them).
So are we also to understand that not only would an FO spend everything he makes each month at EK and not save anything, but that he would also have to dip into the money he made prior to EK???

Maybe you could share some details as to where all your money was going so we can understand how this could ever happen.

Would you have been able to get yourself out of debt and save in your previous country / company any better?? After all - you did go to a place where your wife could work, and where you had tax free salaries, free housing and the ability to upgrade within the company...how could you not get ahead??!

Flyer