PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Break-Off" Approach
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 21:45
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah what do I know, eh Roffa?

But did you see the episode where the Police heli captain chased some kids on a motorbike, called up the local fuzz to say "Come Quick, they're hiding under a tree" and then got the same answer as I usually get when I call ours "Sorry too busy with other higher priority incidents" (high priority means someone has to bleed profusely in my neck of the woods or alternatively utter a racist comment within someone's earshot).

So said heli-captain (he was the one with a helmet that wouldn't fit in the first part of the same episode) then decides to land craftily downwind behind the next rise and deploy two of his observer/whatevers wearing full black flying suits and full face black helmets and darkened visors

Then he takes off and reconfirms that they are still under the same tree and the two robocops sneak up & nab the blighters

They are so shocked when the black leather gloves collar them that they offer no struggle - their subconscious tells them they must be in a dream or a movie, and indeed they are in the latter

Trouble is, two Robocops, two arrested teenagers, and a stolen motorbike just don't all fit in a Police Bolkow so Captain has run out of human resources and has to return to base, while the robocops do a bit of local liaison and ultimately find their way home by road sometime before their duty period ends ... good telly, but I ask you, ...