PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 21:08
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz,

It would appear I have rather confused you in a previous post with my reference to tea making hence your supposition that I am a Cpl Air Steward............ whilst on 32 Sqn it may well be that stewards make the tea but on the rest of the AT fleet tea making is often carried out by a different crewmember..............the ALM

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=323817

A look at post #9 on the above link should clear up any more confusion............... and maybe if you get a moment you could point out your error to the quick fire posting civilian as he seems to have taken what you said to heart

As for "YOU have taken exception to the decisions that he has stated that he made and berated his Airmanship although you have NO experience of Piloting or Captaincy yourself."............now I am really confused as I thought I was simply being polite in the extreme as I ask my questions and those that know me would certainly tell you that I would never have the temerity to question any pilot on his piloting skills

I sincerely thank you for giving us an insight to JP's credentials and I will refrain from any cheesy statements to save on embarrassment all round but will continue to question politely in the manner I have done thus far

JP,

I am not suggesting the Chinook crew did anything as the only thing I know is that they hit the Mull and all sadly perished. I am of the opinion that IMC must have figured in the accident as the notion that the crew were VMC and simply flew straight into the rock is just ludicrous. And it's because of my opinion that IMC featured I asked you for your thoughts.

As I said I have been on crews, both rotary and C130 where INADVERTENT entry into IMC has occurred and on not one of those occasions did WE as a CREW consider ourselves grossly negligent, and as the weather so obviously played a major part of this incident I was simply trying to understand your certainty that the verdict in this case was right and proper.

Regards

SFFP

Last edited by Seldomfitforpurpose; 24th Apr 2008 at 23:28.