PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it about the Wessex that makes people so fond of it?
Old 24th Apr 2008, 19:32
Bootneck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Agincourt, I think Soggy boxers is correct. There was a tale about a deck member being hit by a blade and decapitated. The story goes that the deck was cleared and a bunch of Bootnecks were sent up with bin-bags to pick up the pieces. I shall enquire from the oracles; some of them are still alive, and some can remember what they had for dinner 40 years ago, but not where they live now.

Cyclic Gals image of a door gunner shows the second scariest beast known to man. An aircrewman with a gun. The most dangerous is an officer with a map.

May I enquire if there are any members on here who were based at Culdrose flying Wessex 5s in 1971?

I was the recipient of a 15' drop when the driver failed to compensate for the sudden decrease in weight as a stick of Booties left his machine during Eagle Flights at Goonhilly, we should have been at 6'. May I congratulate the itinerant pilot for the agony and lack of mobility which I have endured for the past 37 years. I have a vivid memory of the crewman looking down at my prostrate form telling his boss, "We broke one." Yes you did. Own up you bastard!!!!