PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyopenskies
Thread: Flyopenskies
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 19:03
bluepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that 757flyer has a point, there is a legal case going on here behind the scenes and therefore it is probably unreasonable to maintain a recruitment ban during this period.

On a different note i find it interesting that KLM / AF have "leased" their slots at heathrow to american carriers, therefore getting around their own unions by not operating their own brand out of heathrow. Continental, Northwest and delta will be operating out of heathrow in direct competition to BA on the bread and butter routes. Minimum risk to AF / KLM but however at what cost? Indirectly this is costing us European jobs, these routes should be operated by european pilots! But maybe the Americans can do it much cheaper? Openskies is BA's attempt to take this competition to LH, AF and KLM directly and at least the jobs are being kept within europe.

My thoughts are that this dispute needs to be resolved quickly in order that Openskies can commence operations asap. Those pilots considering joining Openskies should not be threatened by their own collegues in other airlines (read BA), this is counter productive. OS will operate no matter what happens, I would rather it was with EU pilots than outside contractors, or indeed americans should BA choose to register the aircraft in the USA! Also the french and Dutch unions need to wake up and smell the coffee! EU jobs are being sold out from under our noses!