PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyopenskies
Thread: Flyopenskies
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 18:23
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is the 21st century. In case you didn't remember such enlightened 1970's union attitudes bought the country to its knees and bankrupted many companies.
True, but the pendulum has swung too far the other way towards greedy managers trying to maximise bonuses at everybody elses expense in the name of "competiveness". A bit of militancy here and there is about due (see teachers, refinery workers etc etc).
quite possibly, (although teachers who have had a 20% above inflation pay increase over the last decade and are now asking me to pay more tax to fund their pay rise, whilst they educate my kids to the worst standards in europe don't get my sympathy)
I don't have a view one way or another on the open skies issue as I am not intimately involved and therefore don't know all the facts However I was commenting that it is possilbe to conduct this dispute, from both sides, in an adult and respectable manner, not resorting to 1970's childish language.
And FWIW I beleive a recruitment 'ban' smacks of secondary action which is illegal, so I would certainly not agree with it.
I'm not planning to go to open skies, but if I were just laid off with a mortgage to pay, I certainly would. Its very easy for people -BA pilots or otherwise- to criticise people from a position of financial security.