PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor state of UK GA. 'Todays Pilot' Letter.
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 16:46
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
I disagree with the chap who said that Marketing is putting a higher price on the product - marketing is about matching what a producer can give to what a consumer wants, at a price that is acceptable to both.. .. .Here's a good example - Old Sarum. Good loos, good aircraft (a lady club manager Whirly), and a core of good professional instructors. The prices are high compared to other places, but I've never heard in my many visits there a complain about lack of service or value. The good people of Wiltshire seem very happy with it (and rarely an unnecessary gold bar in sight!).. .. .I can think of a bad example that I won't name. Erratic instructors, based in a rarely cleaned portacabin, aircraft serviced at a minimum. A little cheaper than somewhere like OS, but frankly it had a captive market because there was nobody else close. This isn't good marketing, it's poor practice taking advantage of a captive market and deserves to get shot down.. .. .Here's a question for those involved in flying schools (which I'm not). On a bad weather day, why can't all those AFIs and FIs sat around drinking coffee do one of the following:-. .. .- Clean the place. .- Clean the aircraft. .- Do (under supervision) minor cosmetic servicing tasks like fixing tatty trim or touching up dents.. .. .Just a thought....... .. .G