PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: What Mr. Kooheji is saying these days.
Old 24th Apr 2008, 16:41
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty discouraging to hear things like this. I thought I remember being told at a meeting that GF was also looking at getting some more Airbus' (probably narrowbodies of the A320 line); but it seems like decisions cannot be made without involving the Board, the Parliament, etc., and this takes weeks if not months. In the meantime Airbus has raised prices of it's aircraft (so anything we order now will cost a few million more per unit) and (and of course I have heard of instances like this before including the planned aquisition of A321's last summer) that winning opportunities are lost if it takes endless dinners and navel gazing to make a decision.

Where is GF heading? I think long term it will still be around, and with a renewed fleet and more destinations, but (failing some kind of major revolution in the way business is done, decisions are made, etc.) mostly due to the Government taking great interest in "its" airline project. Not the brightest star in the skies, but if you are asking from an employee career perspective, rewarding and stable enough.