PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair B738 off runway in Limoges (LFBL/France)
Old 24th Apr 2008, 16:26
slip and turn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captplaystation, correct me if I am wrong, but you are indeed a Ryanair pilot, aren't you and have said so numerous times on PPRuNe? And haven't I usually detected you are usually more broadminded than this, or am I reading you wrong?

You said:
I have it on good authority that the Capt involved in Limoge has not been disciplined, therefore I think it is safe to assume that the aircraft was being operated correctly, and that the cause was more to do with runway conditions (or lack of timely/ accurate information) rather than any action taken/or not by the crew.
What that boils down to if no-one made a mistake on the flightdeck is "lack of timely/accurate information (about runway conditions)"

I am sure you still agree that it was a disgraceful incident?

It appears that you are saying after things resulted in a disgraceful incident, that Ryanair holds the airport operator responsible just like ultimately Bristol got caned a year or so ago?

Wonderful thing, hindsight. Has Ryanair not landed at Limoges in doubtful conditions previously, with hindsight?

Right ok.

And Ryanair promises to liaise effectively with the airport operator so as not to find yourselves in that position again?

Ok that's good then.