PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor state of UK GA. 'Todays Pilot' Letter.
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 15:23
sennadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And there was me thinking that I was the only one who thought this way!. .. .I can't comment on the other parts of GA, other than my own experience with Flight Schools in Southern England - which, not to put too fine a point on it - suck! The only reason that I use the school that I'm with is that the instructor is bloody good and that the airfield is very convenient to where I am located. The level of customer service is not very high with outside toilets, below par amenities and a general attitude from everyone on the field that they are doing me a favour. This attitude permeates all the way through from the Airfield operator, the Flying Schools to the woman who runs the Cafe at the top end of the airfield.. .. .Coming from a Marketing background it's very tempting to get hold of one of these schools and turn it into a professional operation and I'm not talking about the gold braid dripping of every surface type of operation. FFS, it's no excuse saying that AC are bound to be dirty with the weather that we've been having - clean them for heaven's sake! It's no good everyone blaming the CAA and general overregulation as a reason for driving up costs - I would have thought that anyone with a bit of commercial sense would have realised that they could support a flying operation with other indirect activities that would help to support the bottome line.. .. .It's about time that people started to drag themselves into the 21st century and stop running these businesses along the lines of a Youth Club and attempted to "professionalise" things...... .. .END OF RANT!