PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor state of UK GA. 'Todays Pilot' Letter.
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 12:01
Polar_stereographic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis the Engineer,. .. .You have a point. I am not suggesting that no one is trying, but what I think is clear is that they have not had any effect, but that I suspect is a debate outside the remit of the original question.. .. .GA, flight training differs from other trades like for example plumbers in that it's a leasure/recreational activity. You are right, there is a lot of enthusiasm in the clubs out there, and that was a bit of the jist of my reply. That enthusiasm can be tapped at the smaller outfits rather than those geared up to put fake pretentious gold bars on peoples shoulders. For that, don't read GA (as I would like to see it), read hours builders, and that's what you'll get. . .. .The reason GA = light aircraft training I suspect has more to do with this being one of the larger parts of GA as well as the one that most of Joe public sees first. I agree with your point none the less.. .. .PS. . . . <small>[ 22 March 2002, 08:02: Message edited by: Polar_stereographic ]</small>