PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor state of UK GA. 'Todays Pilot' Letter.
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 10:53
Polar_stereographic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whereas I can agree with the comments made by this gentleman, my feeling is that it is not uniformly the case.. .. .I've just done an IR and have nothing but praise for the school at which I did it. I have also been into various other clubs where the attitude is anything but as described.. .. .Not sure where the gentleman concerned lives, but I suspect it my have been around London. Sadly, from what I have seen, it's easy to form such an opinion from certain schools that operate around the London area (Gold stripes a bit of a give away). I would suggest that he takes an hour or so's drive in any direction away from London, picks a school, and I would be surprised if this experience is repeated. No guarantees mind you.. .. .What I find a real shame is that GA in this country has bigger problems than a few naff flying schools. I'd like to see the magazines highlight more of this and some of the other bodies make more of a stand to get GA in this country back on it's feet at all levels.. .. .My 2d's worth.. .. .PS. . . . <small>[ 22 March 2002, 06:57: Message edited by: Polar_stereographic ]</small>