PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 15:12
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP,
Sorry to labour the point but you seem to be dodging the fairly simple questions I have posed and as I remarked to Caz in another thread, in the context of this thread this is highly unusual.

I have cut and pasted my post from Feb 17th and I have highlighted the points I was hoping you would clear up for us. I have removed the word "inadvertent" to simplify things but a response would be appreciated.

"JP,

AA has a valid point which I believe needs a honest reply. You (JP) have clearly stated that

"I recall more than once finding myself inadvertently entering IMC"

Do you consider your actions in these cases to be grossly negligent or is it the fact that it was inadvertent that excuses you?

The hows and whys of the Chinook's entry into IMC are not clear as there is enough conflicting evidence as to what was PROBABLY seen weather wise from the Chinook's flight deck windows to give sufficient doubt.

Should you choose to reply then please strip out all considerations about what should or should not have happened at the way point change and explain how the Chinook's crew entered IMC as you have prior experience of this phenomena."

Cheers

SFFP