PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it time to ditch JAA?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2001, 15:44
Julian

I have in fact just been out and bought a copy of 'Flyer' to give you the info (arent I nice? ) )

The article (Flyer Page 6), "JAR PPL under Euro threat - New Euro-agency may not cover PPL"

It seems a gent called Claude Probst is working on creation on EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency), to be up and running by Jan '03.

EASA will take over ALL certification and maintenance matters for EU member states with national bodies acting as representitives for the member states. These will eventually become EASA employees paid from Brussels rather than local authorities at Gatwick, Paris, etc.

It goes on to say that individual states will be able to re-charge for their work at a level decided at a national level. It is believed that JAA will have little or no influence on airworthiness matters.

Flight crew licencing will undertake major changes. It is believed that EASA will not be interested in taking over PPL but for now they are undertaking a major re-wrting of FCL1 which is the part of the JARs dealing with flight crew licensing. The PPL parts being removed, National authorities will police these.

So as I said Blueline - "Those nuts in Brussels are at it again"

------------------
Live fast..die young...leave a good looking corpse!