PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vacancies for ATCO at SKYGUIDE CH?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 13:47
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are they buggering off to Roomer; and why?
Answer - anywhere and everywhere.

As I told the ops manager during a refresher course a few days ago, when I arrived here 7 1/2 years ago, the package was very competitive, the HR manager very competent and the morale good. The HR manager was fired for being too nice to everyone, to be replaced by a complete w.....r (recently fired himself, possibly something to do with ignoring / selectively interpreting labour law to the company's benefit) morale is under the floorboards and the salaries have risen almost negligibly while cost of living has risen around 30% - not taking into account recent mortgage rate and fuel cost rises.

According to the management, they can't afford to increase salaries as the company is in serious financial difficulty - didn't stop them from paying themselves over CHF12,000,000 in bonuses last year, though. At the same time, the board of directors' stated intent is to cut overflight charges as we don't want to appear greedy!

End result is that the current recruitment drives in Eurocontrol, Germany, Dubai, UK, Australia, Canada, etc. could all benefit if the packages are decent. Already lost a few with quite a lot more resignations pending. Management seem to think that they may lose a few of the foreigners but the Swiss couldn't bear to leave. Watch this space...........

Having worked for several ANSPs, I know that most controllers tend to regard their current management with a certain amount of contempt - this shower have most deservedly earned it!

Rant mode off, have a nice day!