PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool 3/2/07
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 13:08
FullyFlapped

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will admit to not really understanding Mr. Walker's motivation in making the very first post of this thread. I can make a guess why he did it, but that's all it would be.

But I really wish he hadn't done it : he's opened the door for the usual round of ill-informed, self-opinionated, self-righteous bull**** which makes up the majority of the rest of this thread, masquerading as "important lessons we must all learn". All we know is in the AAIB report. Anyone who actually knows anything else will hopefully be at the hearing. The rest of us have nothing new to add.

To those intimately involved, matters such as whether there was coercion or simply temptation, who was PIC, who bears the ultimate responsibility etc will be burningly important. To the rest of us, we just need to know that two people died because someone somewhere took some stupid decisions, and that if we take similar ones - and we all know what they were - then we run the risk of a similar fate.

It doesn't matter a toss if this accident was caused because someone broke the law, or if the law is secondary to personal responsibility (Bose, old Desperate For Controversy is just a dangerous idiot but you really should know better), and to bang on ad nauseum when it's very possible that the families of the deceased will be reading this thread, and feeling the knife every time some pompous prat makes the same point over again, just smacks of rubber-necking at a traffic accident.

Give it a rest, for pity's sake.