PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Say NO to 457 visas.
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 12:43
Pass-A-Frozo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly! That's what I'm saying. (you clearly missed my sarcasm in the grass is browner (i.e. not greener!) quote - relating to worker and then union claims! Funny though that you took them literally) People should be allowed to apply for whatever jobs they want , for wages they are happy with! (Not the wages some Cathay A-Scale guy is happy with)

People willing to move will benefit the economy! It can help reduce structural unemployment.

I don't understand how you think that quote supports your argument. I have no problem with you wanting a higher salary, but don't go around saying "Australia is full of pilots - no-one should be allowed to apply from outside".

Apply for what you want at the salary you want.. NEWFLASH! You don't always get what you want.. it's happened to me (recently in fact - but I'm not running around trying to pressure people to not take the jobs I want) and it happens to others.. it's the way the economy works - it's right, and good!

Sure, you want what's best for you - I have no problem with that at all (in fact that's how the entire economy functions) but don't go around telling everyone that it's in THEIR best interests to refuse a job when you're real motive is looking after yourself at their expense.