PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air: What Mr. Kooheji is saying these days.
Old 24th Apr 2008, 12:37
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting post on My Gulfair by our fearless leader regarding involvement with forums like Pprune. Could that be interprerated as a ban of Gulf Air staff from partaking.
I actually had to look up that issue of Hello Kitty, uh, I mean Hello Gulf Air. I don't interpret it as a ban, so much as a reminder of "mind your manners" and "think before you talk." Sometimes, I get uncomfortable about the mindless banter about all sorts of issues where more discretion should be exercised that goes on between crews in all sorts of public places: airline terminals, aircraft cabins, bars or restaurants. On the PPRuNe forum during the recent month, there are some that have tried hard to create divisions and conflicts that, and perhaps I am living inside a shell, I just don't see anywhere in the Company on a day to day basis. I think you know what I mean.

Likewise on these forums. I think it is healthy to discuss issues and I am happy to live in a country and work in a Company where there aren't witch hunts about people who don't tow the Company line. Doesn't mean that I every day at work for me is a good day, or that I think everything is wonderful or perfect at Gulf Air. However, it seems to me that some people seemingly go out of their way to aire dirty laundry, and some of it is inflamatory or even worse, completely false. I wonder if these individuals also go around talking badly about their families?

As PPRuNe warns, this forum may be monitored by the unscrupulous, or the media.