PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 12:08
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1200firm.

Wow.....what have you been smoking?? Are you sure the difference is not closer to 100 billion??

The difference in salary between a B Scale captain and me is about $20,000 HKG per month! I'm not suggesting that's a small number, but it sure isn't 15 million!

Not only that, it depends on housing allowance as well. If you were as stupid as I was and "locked in" your allowance in the low $40,000 range per month, then the difference between me and my B scale counterpart who is "floating" at $60,000 per month is ZERO!!! He may even be making more!

Furthermore, compare my Hong Kong salary to a B scale Captain on a base, and the crappy HKG dollar may have also nullified the difference.

I'll give you that the A scaler based in HKG might receive some travel allowance (as do some early B scalers) and better health coverage.

However, the A and B scalers based in North America will have better health coverage than anyone based in Hong Kong.

And lastly I, like most A scalers, gave up my provident fund a long time ago.

So 1200firm, does that sound like the "15 million" difference you describe????

Number Cruncher, is my gist correct, or is the difference 15 million as 1200firm contends?