PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passed Skills Test
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2001, 12:48
bcfc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice one Oink. I passed Saturday aswell and my landings were some of the worst I'd done in a long while...and I admitted it to the examiner. However, we had a stiffish sea breeze giving about 7-8kts of crosswind and I think he made allowances as I was pretty much on the centre line, knackered, stressed and generally in need of a cuppa.

For the radio oral, I'd recommend you plog a trip taking you through all the scenarios you're likely to encounter. e.g. from an a/g airfield, through a MATZ, transit a CTR, turn at a waypoint (for position report), radio ahead for weather, (it'll be poor) divert, rejoin to ATC, etc. I had to relay a mayday and also had to make a Pan call. Then keep practicing this using the format stipulated in CAP413.

My examiner was looking for competent, safe radio (i.e. didn't have to be in the precise order but he didn't want extraneous and unnecessary info). If you do this, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just surprised you did your skills test before your radio - my club made me do mine before my QXC. Must be a local thing.

Anyway, well done and best of British for the r/t.