Old 24th Apr 2008, 11:35
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hehehe

cool down!

Some feel it was the lawbreaking that did it

Some feel it was principally the fault of the CFI

Some feel it was poor airmanship of whoever was PIC

Some feel the alleged P1 (Walker) is the culprit, others feel he should be considered as a PU/T and he became a victim (all be it that as a licensed pilot and to-be ATPL in whatever circumstance he could have decided not to fly along

Why can we not be allowed to have different opinions!?

1.In my view (but my view only) i will continue to assume the AAIB are a serious bunch of good people intent on making aviation more safe and therefore Walker was P1 for me until proven otherwise. The coroner could change this but I am not going to give in to peer pressure (!) on this forum, i will not change my mind until the coroner comes up with new evidence
2. I accept there was external pressure on him and i know we are all vulnerable to this, but it can not be a justification after the fact for whoever was PIC
3. In my view flight one has nothing to do with flight two, simply because we are taught to plan per flight, make decisions per flight. After all it is not uncommon for people flying together to change PIC at point B.
4. if there was peer pressure it was about flight one, which left outside the law and outside the frame of safety with 4 pilots on board, the P1 being responsible but the other 3 being outright fools!
5. The only pressure on the return flight was get-home-itis for whatever (always unacceptable) reasons. We are all trained to see this and we ll read about it regularly in flying magazines.

So till after the coroners verdict for me Walker died being P1 having made mistakes before starting, on the first flight and crucially mortal mistakes on the second flight.

That does not mean i cannot live with other people venting their opinions and hopefully in the course of our exchange of views all of us learning something. But jesus Christ!, lets control our emotions here....

Rational expressions are what made aviation safe, expressions of feelings is a natural thing, but expressions of (extreme) emotions on the subject of other s opinions has no place in aviation and does not contribute to a good debate.