PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Can I Convince My Family That Helicopter Flying is No More Dangerous Than FW?
Old 24th Apr 2008, 09:54
Garfs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I havent really spoken to my family in the past day or so about helicopters

Thing is, where I live, theres no local helicopter school. The only option for them if they want to ride in a helicopter is if we charter a Jet Ranger for an hour for about £400, and I doubt they will do an autorotation for us which is fair enough as they(the local heli op) are not a school after all.

Other option is to fly out to where the school is (2.5 hours away in a Commercial liner), but my dad hates travelling and flying , so theres that one gone

I do think the next step tho is to get a pilot or instructor to speak with them, give them an honest opinion from someone whos been in the industry.

Whirly Bird, I would be lying if I said that funding from them in form of a loan didnt matter at all to me, but its not that important to me as their happiness. As you rightly say, its their money to loan me, and their right, and to demand would be wrong, and also something I would never do

I feel I am well, errrr young (ish) at 27 so even if it takes me a good few years, hopefully I will be up and ready and starting to job hunt by the time I am in my mid to late 30's