PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Say NO to 457 visas.
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 06:46
who.ru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Pappy Bovinton,

I would suggest there are well more than 100 experienced Australian ATPL holding airline pilots that are O/S that have 10,000 or more airline hours on Boeing aircraft (with well in excess of 4000 command hours on Boeings) that have had applications on file with J* for a long period of time and are interested in returning for a domestic DEC job (under the advertised conditions). I know of 20 or so myself.

However it appears that J* is only interested in A/bus time for DECs.

I would suggest that if they can't find Australian A/Bus experienced guys then look at Australians with plenty of Airline command experience for DECs.
{I believe that the need for DECs is due to J* not having enough experienced F/Os to upgrade?}

It is believing this and hearing of non Australians being recruited as DECs that seems wrong.

As per my previous question does anyone know how many Visa sponsored pilots have been recruited for J*, and how many are DEC? Also are all the DECs A/Bus command experienced?

I know this post only addresses the issue of DECs and Boeing experience, and I would suggest that there are A/Bus qualified guys as well as experienced F/Os out there too that would like to return home.

Wondering?