PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIR MAURITIUS Exodus
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2008, 03:52
inchallah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feet are doing the talking

Seems all true about the beloved island in the sun. Those Captains who have been there for a long time, i mean over 8yrs(2 contracts) are the only ones benefitting from staying in MK. They have established a relatively good seniority in the company and the money is good enough to live on. I would like to say they usually get left alone but from past experience, they also get treated like nothing(sh*t) if they make a decision which doesnt go in line with the A Team.
I keep seeing more and more familiar faces in the sandpit. So my guess is this exodus has just begun, as I was told by one chap who has made the move this way, "I dont think MK fully realise how many guys they are about to lose". Whether this is true or not I cant confirm but he did say about 10 guys approached him personally for tips and interview information.
Time has come where guys realise the sandy beaches, blue lagoon and house on the beach isnt all it's crack up to be. Although the MK elite(A Team) feel this is the best place anyone would want to be, but as most of us who have ventured outside MRU knows, there are a lot of beautiful islands around the world offering same if not better ammenities(not to mention the girls) than MRU. Whether you are into surfing, diving, kiting or fishing there are better places around and cheaper.
Some of the boys usually organise there roster and pop down to MRU for a few days, which is what you guys are spending on the island these days anyway. I understand the rosters are diabolical and guys are getting about 6days max on the island a month, spending most fo there time paxing around and days off outstation.
Good luck to those who decide to stay.................