PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet medical requirements
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 23:08
flaps2billion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe any 300TT on the stick as F/O with JAA ATPL frozen is better than any ex-Canadian CFI with 1500TT with a blimy IATRA test...
No freakin way! I am sorry but you don't build stick & rudder skills flying A320. Management skills yes, but real flying skills is different.

Any beaver, Otter, Totter, north of 60 pilot with 1000TT can outfly one of these 300hours wonders any day.
Northern Canada is one of the most difficult places to fly in the world. I am more then sure that one of the wonders would crap their pants if they were put in my shoes when I was a kid.

Remember that Canadian pilots have a very good reputation for being skilled pilots, across the world.

Yes.....a 300 hour wonder can handle a jet in normal situation. But if there is one thing I learned over the years, is that experience is everything & when **** hits the fan, the wonders have no business being in the cockpit! I fly Dash8 & have had some wonders with me. I just thought that they weren't mature enough.
What about the LH co-pilot that almost planted the aircraft in hamburg??

Remember that very few instructors move up to the airlines...they have to fly king air or Pa-31s before going up. This Gives them important two crew experience!

So what is a better system....the one the hires 300TT co-pilots or the one that hires 3000TT co-pilots with 1500ME Turbine and two crew experience????