PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rex Cadet School Woes
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2008, 22:44
captainstoobing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Humble Pie tastes wonderful!!

Krusty and co... I acknowledge that my post was 'naive' and un-necessarily aggressive and I apologise. From my perspective I would have responded the same (I have been in my industry for 15 years and 'seen it all' both on the road and from management), and I would take exception to an apparent upstart also.
My intention was not to come accross as an upstart. I have made the decision to change careers and pursion my true passion. I have my PPL and the cadetship is financially the only option for me and my family of 6. I would prefer to do it the way yourself and more experienced people have, but money is just not there.
I guess as someone in my position I get a little worried when the dream seems to be getting pooped on before I start. It still does not dissuade me from contunuing to pester HR about an interview date for the next intake. I do know that those on the front lines are wonderful people and my wish is to one day sit beside them, be grilled, be challenged and become a better pilot. Experienced people are a companies best asset. I have trained many myself, and am smart enough to shut my mouth when I am the trainee and not the trainer.
From the sounds of it (like my work) the troops always make managment look good, but there comes a time when enough is enough, so I understand where you guys are coming from after reading EVERY post/thread.

I have a few more pieces of humble pie to eat, so I apologise again and hopefully will not have to 'assume the position' again.