PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying School in East London Area
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2002, 02:19
Fat Frank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Flying School in East London Area

Hi there, . .. .I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate some help with finding a flying school. I live in Docklands in London and am looking for a flying school that's preferably accessible by public transport, but not absolutely essential. Anything within 1 1/2 hour journey each way is OK. My two major requirements are that they fly Cessnas and that the staff are friendly (I tried a local school near my family home in Woking, Surrey and the CFI was a right misery, not the kind of bloke I feel like handing over £160/hour to).. .. .The background is that I got my PPL in Australia back in August of last year, and due to lack of finances had to shelve the flying for a few months. Anyway, now things are looking better financially and the weather (in theory) will begin to brighten up I'm looking to find a flying school to do the JAA flight exam. I'll obviously need a few hours to get back in the swing of things (BTW, would anyone here recommend going to Florida for 10-20 hours to brush up or is that too few hours to make it pay?). .. .Many thanks in advance for any help.. .. .Frank