PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick Suggestion please anybody?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2001, 23:57
eyeinthesky

juswonnafly:

Yes you can do what you ask, subject to the provisos I have already given. You are being refunded the duty paid on the fuel in the UK which you are exporting. The fact that it may be cheaper in Jersey is irrelevant, since that depends on the duty rate in the country you visit.
It is more expensive in Holland, I think, so you lose on that one.

You need to bear in mind that the drawback is only about 25 pence per litre, but the price differential between UK and Jersey is c.45 pence per litre, so it is a better deal to maximise your uplift in Jersey. If you go with full tanks ex UK you won't be able to uplift as much in Jersey (depending on how long your flight there is).

I suppose it depends on the basis on which you are operating the a/c.
- If it is a wet rate hire with reimbursement for fuel uplifted elsewhere at cost then a full tanks drawback would seem the best plan.
- If it's a wet rate hire with fuel uplifted elsewhere reimbursed at the home fuel price then maximise your uplift in Jersey (and claim all the drawback you can).
- If it's dry rate hire or you own the aircraft then it you will need to balance the benefit of a full tanks uplift versus the money you can save by burning avgas at 56p a litre instead of £1!

The address: C.O.P.E. for Mineral Oils Relief is the name, but can't remember the address. Will check it out and revert.

------------------
"Take-off is optional, Landing is mandatory"